Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Blue Apron

Without introduction, explanation, apology or even completing the setup, here is the first entry in my new blog:

I did it! I signed up for Blue Apron and my first box was delivered this morning.

It's here!

I'd been considering this for months, but in summer I would be traveling and in fall it was too close to the holidays. So now is the time! I chose this week to start because the holiday leftovers would be over and I liked the sound of what was being offered:

Beef Bolognese with Fresh Pappardelle Pasta & Brussels Sprouts

Pulled Chicken Tacos with Jicama, Avocado and Cilantro Salad

Thai Coconut Shrimp Soup with Lemongrass & Red Curry

Blue Apron sends all the ingredients I need to cook three meals for two people (the plan I signed up for). I can get meals every week or choose the week(s) I want based on the meals being offered. The menus are available in advance. Check the website for more details. I've not told tales our of school by divulging the menus I received. That information is listed on the site every week. You can see what is offered for next week. 
 

all the ingredients for three meals for two people

All the ingredients I need are included in the box. Blue Apron plans, shops, measures and delivers what I need to cook the menus right to my front door in a refrigerated box. All I have to do is cook them.

the cover letter and recipes with instructions and pictures

Included in the box is a cover letter and for each dish, a large step-by-step recipe card with pictures showing just what your cooking should look like at each stage. I'm so excited and ready to get cooking!

I'm starting with the Beef Bolognese. I'll let you know how it goes.

Marilyn
Kitchener to Kitchen

1 comment:

  1. I am loving my Blue Apron, thanks to you. I had fish in banana leaves with spicy rice, chicken with roasted veg, gravy and mashed potatoes, and a gnoochi meal. It's so fast. I can cook, eat a leisurely meal and clean up inside of an hour.

    ReplyDelete