Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Pancake Day

It's Shrove Tuesday, "Pancake Day." I got off to a good start by making a slight adjustment to the popular dish "chicken 'n waffles" by having chicken and pancakes.

The Liddle Griddle by Presto

Yummy!

I don't get credit for frying chicken. I never fry chicken anymore. I buy it from the super market hot out of the fryer. I can't even take credit for buying the chicken this morning. I took it from my freezer, vacuum packed and frozen last June.

I did make the pancakes though . . . from a box mix--Krusteaz. Just one cup of mix and 3/4 cup cold water and I have four nicely-sized, fluffy, delicious pancakes. That means I'll have two left over for a breakfast this weekend. Unfortunately, there is only one lone chicken wing left. Oh well. Actually, today's drumstick and thigh were enough fried chicken calories for a while . . . a long while.




Marilyn
Kitchener to Kitchen

No comments:

Post a Comment